The Emmet County Democratic Committee, Charlevoix County Democratic Party and Cheboygan County Democratic Party welcome members and non-members to attend the potluck, and families are welcome to bring children.
- State and district-level Democratic candidates will speak with community members. Confirmed to attend: Matt Morgan, candidate for 1st Congressional District, Patrick Miles, candidate for MI Attorney General, Sam Bagenstos, for MI Supreme Court, and Melissa Frugé, candidate for MI House of Representatives 105th District. Surrogates will speak for Dana Nessel (AG), and Gretchen Whitmer (governor). Other candidates who are unable to attend may send representatives and/or video greetings.
- Coffee, tea, soft drinks and tableware will be provided.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed due to the building rental agreement.
- During the program, children age four and older can enjoy a special area with games and activities.
- Local leaders will also offer a variety of ways to get involved during this election year.
- Raffle tickets will be sold for a 50/50 drawing.
Donations are requested (though not required) and can be made in advance at Actblue
Donations will defray expenses of the potluck and go towards electing Democratic candidates in November 2018.
RSVP by March 2 with the number of adults and children attending to email@example.com or call Carolyn Penniman at 231-330-5446 (also contact if you have questions).