The purpose of the convention is to elect the new Executive Board members for the 2019-2020 years. To run OR vote a person must be a member of the Michigan Democratic Party by October 29, 2018. Two board members are allowed for every candidate for county level races or higher. This year that allows 10 Executive Board members.
Following the election of the new Board, a second convention will be convened to elect the four officers; Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer and Recording Secretary. The Chair and Vice-Chair must be opposite genders. The newly elected Board members will be the only persons voting. In order for a person to be elected as an officer they must be a member of the Michigan Democratic Party by October29, 2018.
Hosted by Bay View, followed with panel discussion
The purpose of this convention shall be to endorse a candidate for Attorney General, a candidate for Secretary of State, candidates for State Supreme Court.
More information and registration: https://michigandems.com/event/2018-state-endorsement-convention/
Join Democrats from throughout Michigan and across the country for the Michigan Democratic Party’s 2018 Legacy Dinner with special guest U.S. Senator Kamala D. Harris!
This year we are proud to honor the Legacy of Women in Politics.
For more information and registration: https://michigandems.com/event/mdp-legacy-dinner-2018/
The Emmet County Democratic Committee, Charlevoix County Democratic Party and Cheboygan County Democratic Party welcome members and non-members to attend the potluck, and families are welcome to bring children.
- State and district-level Democratic candidates will speak with community members. Confirmed to attend: Matt Morgan, candidate for 1st Congressional District, Patrick Miles, candidate for MI Attorney General, Sam Bagenstos, for MI Supreme Court, and Melissa Frugé, candidate for MI House of Representatives 105th District. Surrogates will speak for Dana Nessel (AG), and Gretchen Whitmer (governor). Other candidates who are unable to attend may send representatives and/or video greetings.
- Coffee, tea, soft drinks and tableware will be provided.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed due to the building rental agreement.
- During the program, children age four and older can enjoy a special area with games and activities.
- Local leaders will also offer a variety of ways to get involved during this election year.
- Raffle tickets will be sold for a 50/50 drawing.
Donations are requested (though not required) and can be made in advance at Actblue
Donations will defray expenses of the potluck and go towards electing Democratic candidates in November 2018.
RSVP by March 2 with the number of adults and children attending to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Carolyn Penniman at 231-330-5446 (also contact if you have questions).
Hope to see you there!
Please join us for a night of discussion & networking
• Ever thought about applying for a board position or running for local office?
• Want to support your neighbors in becoming leaders in the community?
• Want to learn more about local government?
Join us for a panel discussion with local political leaders and candidates, followed by refreshments and conversation.